Quote from the "Son of a Surrogate" Blog

Quote from the "Son of a Surrogate" Blog

It looks to me like I was bought and sold. You can dress it up with as many pretty words as you want. You can wrap it up in a silk freaking scarf. You can pretend these are not your children. You can say it is a gift or you donated your egg to the IM. But the fact is that someone has contracted you to make a child, give up your parental rights and hand over your flesh and blood child. I dont care if you think I am not your child, what about what I think! Maybe I know I am your child.When you exchange something for money it is called a commodity.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Primal Wound - Written by Nancy Verrier

I believe in one of my earlier posts I referenced "Primal Wound" by Nancy Verrier as a great read for someone who has had difficulty with being a product of 3rd party donor conception. I was reading the section she has for adoptees (Information for Adoptees) which can be found here: http://nancyverrier.com/information-for-adoptees/ Reading the primal wound gave me the sense that there was someone out there who understood the pain, and disconnected feeling that I've been through, relatively unacknowledged until recently. I wanted to share what she had to say on her page here:

"

Information for Adoptees

Because you have lived with separation trauma your entire lives, many of you haven’t realized that what you have been feeling and experiencing is not what everyone experiences. For many of you, reading The Primal Wound was your first clue that your particular feelings and behaviors may have been caused by your experience of relinquishment and adoption. Relinquishment means separation and loss, and adoption means living without genetic markers or being reflected back. Both are traumas, one acute and one chronic, and both are going to affect your way of being in the world. Although these feelings, attitudes, and behaviors are normal for having had the experience of separation and adoption, yet they may not be serving you well in your lives today.
On the other hand, there are some of you who resist acknowledging the effects of early trauma, because you haven’t known anything else. For the doubters and naysayers, there is an excellent book by Daniel Siegel you might want to read titled The Developing Mind, which includes the neurobiological reasons that early trauma affects our behavior, emotional responses, and neurological connections. It is difficult to know that one has suffered a trauma, when that trauma happened so early in one’s life.
When someone suffers a trauma at age 30, she can go back to age 25 or 27 as a reference point for her feelings, attitudes and behaviors. She knows that she wasn’t so fearful, so mistrustful, so needing to be in control, so sensitive to rejection, so depressed and anxious. She knew who she was and it isn’t who she appears to be now. Birth mothers, who experience trauma at the time of relinquishment, often get stuck emotionally at the age at which they gave birth.
You as adoptees have no reference point. For most of you, your trauma occurred right after birth, so there is no “before trauma” self. You suffered a loss that you can’t consciously remember and which no one else is acknowledging, but which has a tremendous impact on your sense of Self and others, your emotional responses, your behavior, and your world view. Your brain synapses connected according to your perception of your environment which seemed unsafe, unfamiliar, and in need of constant vigilance. This need for vigilance may have filled you with anxiety. Some of you became compliant and tried to be perfect, while others of you acted out and tested everyone who was important to you.
As children, these behaviors are to be understood and worked with patiently and lovingly (that is if adoptive parents are given a clue that their children have experienced trauma). But as adults, it is up to you to begin to realize the impact your actions have on others and to take responsibility for those actions. This is not always easy, because many of you don’t even realize that you have an impact. (Mom leaves, baby cries, mom doesn’t come back = I have no impact, no effect, no importance.) It is the baby mind that believes you have no impact. For the “adult truth” you have to check with others. Ask your husband/wife/mother/ partner: “Did it hurt you when I did…?” Then you can modify your behavior to reflect their answer. You have to begin to notice and acknowledge the effect you are having on others and then take responsibility for it. Take it from me: You do have an impact! You do matter!
Separation from mother is the ultimate loss. Although hidden from your conscious memory, that loss affects much of how you act in relationships. To be in a mature relationship, you must learn how your beliefs differ from reality. Then you can begin to change harmful behaviors. You may be acting from your trauma and not from your true self at all. Allow others to help you distinguish between the two, and learn to act from your true self, rather than from your traumatized self.
I’ve met thousands of adoptees since the publication of my first book in 1993, and each and every one has had a unique and wonderful personality. Yet there are many similarities in their behavior patterns, some compliant, some defiant, but behavior patterns which emanated from early trauma. As adults, it is time for you to gain control in your life. By you I mean the mature adult you, not the traumatized child you. (How many of you would consciously put a three-year-old in charge of your life? Well, you may have unconsciously done just that!) You have to begin to distinguish between your child and adult selves, and act from your adult self. You owe it to yourselves and those who love you.
Remember: You deserve to be treated with love, respect, and dignity, and you deserve to treat others with love, respect, and dignity."

From my communication with fellow donor conceived we as a community don't tend to speak up about our feelings because we don't want to hurt our social families. However, it's still important to acknowledge what losses we have been through. For anyone out there trying to come to terms with this subject I highly recommend Nancy Verrier's book.

You should be able to find it at most book stores, or you can go to amazon. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0963648004/primalwoundco-20

22 comments:

  1. Very well explained as I have this so I understand it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am pela, thanks to Dr Osaze who cured me of fallopian tube blockage and fibroid with his herbal tuber cleanser. My marriage was on the verge of collapsing, because I was unable to bear a child for my husband. Until I came across Dr osaze's recommendation on line, and I contacted him. And he administered his herbs on me. I now have a child I can call my own. In case you want to contact him for a similar problem, or all other issues, you can reach him through his email:
      drosaze39@gmail.com or call him on +2347089275769

      Delete
    2. Am Hellen, thanks to Dr oniha who cured me of fallopian tube blockage and fibroid with his herbal tuber cleanser. My marriage was on the verge of collapsing, because I was unable to bear a child for my husband. Until I came across Dr ONIHA's recommendation onLine,of how he has helped numerous of childless couples to have children with the help of his wonderful herbal medication, and I contacted him. And he administered his herbs on me.within the space of two months, i became pregnant, I now have a child I can call my own. In case you want to contact him for a similar problem, or all other infertilty issues, you can reach him through his email:
      DRONIHASPELL@YAHOO.COM or call him on +2347089275769

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don’t think of anything else just contact Dr Abalaka and purchase some of his herbal medication and your depression will go away. This was my state of mind when my doctor told me that i will not be able to conceive due to the Fibroid that was rolling in my family life and when i decide to reach out to the priest, and the Priest told me what to do in other to get the medication. Eventually I receive all the Herbal medications that cure my Fibroid and give me the chance to become a proud mother: Dr Abalaka is a great spiritualist, He did it for me, you can contact Dr on (dr.abalaka@outlook.com). If you are suffering from the following gynecology disease::
    Fibroid
    High Blood Pressure (herbs to reduce your BP within 7days)
    Diabetes
    Infection, regular body pains
    Blockage from the fallopian Tube
    Cyst from the ovaries
    Unpleasant smell from the virginal
    Irregular menstruation
    Weakness of the penis (not able to have sex with your partner or inability to satisfy your partner sexually)
    Watering sperm (low sperm count) not able to get woman pregnant.
    Infertility for easy Conception.......
    Erectile dysfunction treatment
    Skin diseases, Toilet infection and bad body odor…….Etc..
    Get your ex back
    Happiness in relationship
    Command respect in the society
    Enlarge your Penis/breast with no side effect
    Impotent solution
    Obesity solution
    Romanticism solutions
    Cancer of the blood
    Parkinson disease
    General consultation
    Those are the things he does, You can simply contact the spiritualist Dr Abalaka on (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) to get his Herbal Medication to cure your disease and put yourself on a motherhood side of life..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Nice Blog...

    Select Surrogacy India: Best Gestational Surrogacy Treatment Clinic & Hospital In India

    http://www.selectsurrogacyindia.com/surrogacy/gestational_surrogacy_india.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hye,nice blog. The Genesis IVF is the best surrogacy clinic in Georgia. We provide the sucessful surrogacy at the top most surrogacy hospital in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, wow, nice blog. The fertiltiy centre nepal is the best fertility centre to get a successful ICSI treatment in Nepal. The ICSI in Nepal is a very common infertility treatment in Nepal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done good research on this, I appreciate your efforts. Looking for more updates from your side. We would like to introduce our-self as a female infertility hospitals in chennai. For more updates, please look into our website female infertility hospitals in Chennai | maternity hospitals in Chennai Anna Nagar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog details. Know more information about surrogacy ivf treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Surrogacy in India is the most affordable services to be provided by we care India and must be in Reasonable amount .

    ReplyDelete
  10. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, ​​I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Fribroid, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How do we get the general public to listen to us? The adoptees the surrogates?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love - Single, Divorce, Triangle Relationships, Long distance Relationships, Third party Interference, Long Term Stagnant Relationships inbox Me , whatsapp (+ 234 (815) 542-5481 /templeofanswer@hotmail . co . uk )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am pela, thanks to Dr Osaze who cured me of fallopian tube blockage and fibroid with his herbal tuber cleanser. My marriage was on the verge of collapsing, because I was unable to bear a child for my husband. Until I came across Dr osaze's recommendation on line, and I contacted him. And he administered his herbs on me. I now have a child I can call my own. In case you want to contact him for a similar problem, or all other issues, you can reach him through his email:
    drosaze39@gmail.com or call him on +2347089275769

    ReplyDelete
  14. I give thanks to Dr Ebhota for helping me get a permanent cure to Uterine fibroid. I have used different western medication without any improvement, And I could not have a child of my own. I had heavy bleeding, frequent urination, a bulky stomach, and cramping. My bleeding is sometimes so heavy that I can’t go out. I go through 9-10 pads in a day. It is so uncomfortable. I have tried everything you can imagine because I’ve had my fibroid for 18 years but none of them have really worked. They just make you feel like you’re doing something but at the end of the day its not really much of a relief. People advertise all sorts of “Fibroid Cures”. I’ve tried all that you can imagine and they worked for a little while, but it’s not working out you have to keep on going. You cant really stop taking them. I got the contact of Doctor Ebhota from the testimony of people on the internet, and I contacted him through the Email and explained every thing to him. then he sent me his product which I used for 2 weeks. Now am completely cured so I really want to tell this to the world that there is a permanent cure to Fibroid. contact him on drebhota123456@gmail.com or whatsapp: +234935324155 he can help on any health issues

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing information with us. A Surrogate Mother is a woman who carries and delivers a baby for an infertile couple and can be a friend, family member or volunteer. Sofat Infertility Clinic is a Leading centre for infertility treatments in India. We offer a wide range of services such as Female infertility, Male infertility, Blocked Fallopian tubes, IVF, IUI, Laser hatching, Surrogacy, natural IVF cycle and so on. For more detail visit our website.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am here to thank a great man who cured my husband of AZOOSPERMIA (ZERO SPERM COUNT) his name is Dr. Uduehi. My husband suffered zero sperm count for a long time. He felt useless or depressed most time especially when we wants to make out because he knows there would be no results. So, one day I confide in a friend about our predicament and she gave me Dr. Uduehi’s contacts, I contacted him and he administered his medication and after my spouse took the medicine he started experiencing sperm although it was little at the beginning but it kept increasing until he got me pregnant after 13 years of marriage. You too can be cured also he treats any kind of male infertility. Reach him through: uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com phone/WhatsaPP: +2347084878384

    ReplyDelete
  17. Superb. I really enjoyed very much with this article here. Really it is an amazing article I had ever read. I hope it will help a lot for all. Thank you so much for this amazing posts and please keep update like this excellent article.thank you for sharing such a great blog with us. expecting for your.
    Best Infertility treatment in noida
    Best Fertility Centre in Noida

    ReplyDelete
  18. Urgent need Female for (egg donation) /(kidney donors) with the sum of $500,000.00,whatsapp +91 9945317569
    Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com


    Urgent need Female for (egg donation) /(kidney donors) with the sum of $500,000.00,whatsapp +91 9945317569
    Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com

    Urgent need Female for (egg donation) /(kidney donors) with the sum of $500,000.00,whatsapp +91 9945317569
    Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com

    Urgent need Female for (egg donation) /(kidney donors) with the sum of $500,000.00,whatsapp +91 9945317569
    Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com

    Urgent need Female for (egg donation) /(kidney donors) with the sum of $500,000.00,whatsapp +91 9945317569
    Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com

    Urgent need Female for (egg donation) /(kidney donors) with the sum of $500,000.00,whatsapp +91 9945317569
    Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com

    Urgent need Female for (egg donation) /(kidney donors) with the sum of $500,000.00,whatsapp +91 9945317569
    Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com

    Urgent need Female for (egg donation) /(kidney donors) with the sum of $500,000.00,whatsapp +91 9945317569
    Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com

    Urgent need Female for (egg donation) /(kidney donors) with the sum of $500,000.00,whatsapp +91 9945317569
    Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com

    Urgent need Female for (egg donation) /(kidney donors) with the sum of $500,000.00,whatsapp +91 9945317569
    Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Finally I'm free from AZOOSPERMIA after years of no sperm in my testicles, but I never take it seriously none did I see it as a problem while growing up until I became of age to settle down with a woman. My woman advised me to go hospital for diagnoses that its abnormal as she has not felt my sperm in her ever since we started dating, I became very worried and confused when I was told at the hospital that I cannot impregnate a woman. because there's no sperm, I went looking for solution but all to no avail, until a came across Dr. Uduehi’s recommendation online. I reached out to him and for the first time I start to experience sperm after taking his medication, it was little at first but became plenty later. You can reach him via Tel: +234-708-487-8384 Email: uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, you guys that is a great explanation. keep up the good work in your granite blog.
    IVF cost in Kanpur

    ReplyDelete